Built to last for loads of fun and many exciting adventures. Furnishing a child's room involves more than just picking out a cheerful color or theme. At Huckleberry we know that choosing kid’s furniture that is not only sustainable, but SAFE is important to you and your family. That is why we strive to design kid’s furniture that is manufactured with the highest safety and sustainability certifications.
We can confidently state that all of our Youth furniture products are 100% Non-Toxic and Worry-free!
Evidence suggests that sleep actually clears the brain of toxic metabolic byproducts, which is why having a safe sleep environment is so important, especially for growing children.
In order to meet the high requirements for children to grow up safely, all beds, furniture, textiles and mattresses at Huckleberry and Lifetime are rigorously tested to meet (or exceed) both the European and US Standards. Visit our Warranty & Safety information page for all of the details about our testing and certifications.
Here are some quick tips to make sure your kid’s room is safe…
HOW TO DETOX YOUR KID’S BEDROOM
- Invest in a non-toxic bed frame and mattress. Bed frames and other “wooden” furniture can be made from plywood that can release toxins (usually, formaldehyde) for years. They may also be finished with varnishes and stains that you don’t want to inhale. You won’t find any nasty chemicals at Huckleberry!
- Use only fragrance-free and chemical-free laundry soap and cleaners
- Purchase organic bedding. Being certified by OEKO-TEX® Standard 100, means that all fabrics in Huckleberry’s Bedding are tested down to the very last strand of thread for over 100 harmful substances, using strict European certification standards. This includes all of the Huckleberry and Lifetime Bedding, Cushions, Canopies, and Rugs (including zippers, snaps and closures, etc.).
- Detox with kid friendly plants. Plants do double duty by absorbing airborne toxins and producing clean oxygen. Here's one list suggestion of plants that are suitable for kids.
- Don’t sweep! Yay! Instead, use a high-quality HEPA-sealed vacuum. Sweeping sends plumes of toxic dust into the air. Of course, if you don’t have any toxic furniture in your bedroom, this is less of an issue!
Wishing you and your family SWEET and SAFE dreams!